08 Aug Caramelized Plantain Coco Tahini Pudding
¼ c tahini
¾ c coco milk (I used @nativeforest-no BPA/additives)
2 ½ tbsp coco sugar
1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of ground ginger (optional)
1 vanilla bean
CARAMELIZED PLANTAIN INGREDIENTS
1 plantain, sliced
Coco sugar, to taste
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of ground ginger
1 tbsp of organic grass-fed ghee or extra virgin coco oil
1. Heat all ingredients on medium heat in a pan until fully combined and smooth, then turn down to low and continue stirring constantly for a few more minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
2. Immediately transfer to a heat-safe container, and refrigerate for two hours.
3. In a pan on medium heat, warm ghee/coco oil.
4. In a bowl, toss and coat plantains in coco sugar, ginger, and sea salt.
5. Cook, stirring often, making sure all sides get caramelized.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Top being with shredded coco.
8. Add caramelized plantains on top of shredded coco.
9. Sprinkle a bit more shredded cocoa on top of the plantains.
***GF/DF/VG OPTION/LOW HISTAMINE***
I started using ION*Gut Health last year, when I started treatment for Chronic Lyme Disease. My last GI MAP test had revealed a leaky gut. I had an endless list of food sensitivities and intolerances, and could only tolerate about 5 foods. I didn’t know what to expect when I started using this product, but I was desperate. As the weeks went on, I was slowly able to reintroduce foods, and noticed my digestive health was steadily improving. Six months later, a second GI MAP test showed my leaky gut had resolved. I truly believe this product played a big role in my healing and recovery. I still take this product daily, and will continue using it to safeguard my gut!