14 Feb Almond shortbread cookies with caramel, Maldon salt flakes, and raspberries
Happy Valentine’s Day! Started the morning by making this little treat for my daughter and husband to celebrate Valentine’s. Life is crazy, and I feel incredibly blessed to call them my home.
❤️ These crumbly almond shortbread cookies have slightly chewy centers and crispy edges. The caramel makes everything decadent, and the Maldon salt flakes set everything off. The raspberries finish each bite off with a juicy burst of flavor. These are def my fave cookies now!
🥣 You’ll need just 6 ingredients to make the cookies: almond flour, ghee or coconut oil, coconut sugar, flaxseed, water, and vanilla powder. And you’ll need 3 ingredients to make the caramel: ghee, coconut milk, and coconut sugar. Do it:)!
2 ½ c almond flour
9 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
5-6 tbsp coconut sugar (very lightly sweetened), to taste
1 tsp vanilla powder
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the ghee and coconut sugar, little by little.
3. Beat in the vanilla powder. Beat in the almond flour (½ cup at a time). Dough will be crumbly, but sticky when ready.
4. Use a cookie scoop or tbsp measuring spoon to form round balls.
5. Flatten each cookie with your hand (⅓ inch thick), and gently pinch together the cracks. Set them 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for about 11-12 minutes (edges will be golden). Let them cool without moving them, as they’re fragile.
Drizzle caramel sauce on top, sprinkle Maldon salt flakes, and add a couple of raspberries or make a cookie sandwich with caramel in the middle!
**Best eaten fresh**
**GF/LACTOSE & CASEIN-FREE/LOW-HISTAMINE**