06 Oct Apple Crumble Oats
🍎This gloomy weather calls for all things apple spice, crumble toppings, and caramel. You can have all 3 in this delicious breakfast. It’s dessert for breakfast around here, again.
Make apple spice oats (with fresh chopped apples of course) with some chia seeds, add a layer of my Sunbutter Caramel, and top it all with no bake crumble! Add a little more caramel, and garnish with some fresh apple slices and a sprinkle of unrefined coconut sugar or ground cloves (or both)! That’s it, super easy!
1/3 c GF quick oats
1 large apple/2 small apples, peeled/cored and chopped
1 tbsp chia seeds
Small pinch cardamom, to taste
1/4 tsp ground ginger, to taste
Healthy pinch ground cloves, to taste
1 tsp pure vanilla powder
Pinch sea salt
1-2 tsp coconut sugar,to taste
1 tbsp maple syrup, to taste
½ tsp lime juice
1 ¼ c + 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (Three Trees Almond Milk)
NO BAKE CRUMBLE INGREDIENTS (mix all ingredients, then freeze)
½ c almond flour
1 tsp coconut flour
1 tsp coconut sugar, to taste (1 tsp gives you mild sweetness)
½ tsp pure vanilla powder
2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
Optional: maple syrup, unsweetened shredded coconut, pecans
**Alternately you can bake it at 350°F for about 8-10 minutes (watch closely), then flip and bake for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven, and break up big chunks with a fork.**
SUNBUTTER CARAMEL INGREDIENTS (whip all ingredients with a fork)
2 tbsp organic unsweetened Sunbutter
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp virgin coconut oil
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, apples, cardamon, ginger, cloves, sea salt, vanilla powder, almond milk, and maple syrup in a medium size saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- As soon as it boils, reduce heat to low and simmer for just a few minutes, until the oats are soft and the apples are tender. Remove from the heat, add lime juice, then add brown sugar (to taste). Place in a serving jar immediately (before it thickens more).
- While the oats are cooking, make no bake crumble and freeze for 10-15 minutes. Make Sunbutter Caramel.
- Top oats with Sunbutter Caramel.
- Remove crumble from the freezer, and top oats with as much of it as you want (break up any large pieces with a fork). Drizzle a bit more of the Sunbutter Caramel on top of the crumble, and finish the oats off with a few slices of fresh apple and a sprinkle of coconut sugar or ground cloves (or both)! Serve immediately, as you want the crumble have that crunchy texture (it’ll soften a bit as it sits out).