19 Oct Black Bean Soup
🥣It’s Taco Tuesday, but I’ll be celebrating with this tasty black bean soup and chips!
🌿This soup is so delicious and comforting, and it’s a super easy recipe. Warming foods ignite your digestive fire, so they’re key during this cold weather, especially. It also packs a big nutrition punch: fiber and protein-rich black beans, gut-soothing/protecting meat (chicken) broth, cumin, sea salt, and fresh oregano and basil. Sub veggie broth to keep it V.
🌱Top it with sweet mini bell peppers, fresh cilantro, red onion, and even a little plant-based @goodplanetfoods Mozzarella (perfect for dipping chips)!
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped-more, to taste
2 tsp cumin, to taste (add little by little)
2 tsp sea salt, to taste (add little by little)
1 lb dry black beans (soaked overnight)
3 c chicken broth OR veggie broth (if using salted broth, adjust sea salt above)
2 c filtered water
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Optional, but adds a really nice touch: 1 ½ tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1. In Instant Pot, warm evoo on saute function.
2. Wait until the oil is hot, then add onions. Saute until caramel brown, then add garlic. Saute for 30s, then add meat broth and filtered water, and deglaze the pot.
3. Add black beans, then add cumin.
4. Pressure cook x for 50 minutes.
5. Allow pressure to release naturally.
6. Turn to sautef unction, and add: sea salt, basil, and oregano. Blend with immersion blender until creamy and smooth. If it’s not as creamy as you’d like, add a drizzle of olive oil and blend again. Cook for about 10 more minutes on saute function, so all the flavors lock in.
7. Top with sweet mini bells, fresh chopped cilantro, and a bit of red onion. You can also add your fave plant-based cheez. I love Good Planet Mozzarella because of it’s clean ingredients.
***GF/DF/VG OPTION/LOW HISTAMINE***