23 Oct Brown Butter Basil Gnocchi
🥣This is the perfect quick meal anytime you need comfort food!
🌿Just pick up some frozen cauliflower gnocchi from Trader Joe’s, and have this delicious meal ready in 20 minutes! You’ll need just a handful of ingredients: basil, pasture-raised ghee, sweet mini bells, garlic powder, sea salt, and crushed pink peppercorns.
🌟This golden brown gnocchi will blow your mind. It’s the best! Let me know what you think!
1 ½ tbsp pasture-raised ghee (can sub with vegan butter)
1 package frozen Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi
Pinch sea salt, to taste
Pinch garlic powder or 1-2 fresh garlic cloves (finely diced)
Crushed pink peppercorns, to taste
Handful fresh basil
5 sweet mini bell peppers, sliced
1. Heat pan on stovetop on medium heat. Add ghee to warm it up. A few minutes later, add the frozen gnocchi and continue to cook on one side on medium heat.
2. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, then flip them to the other side and cook 3-5 more minutes. Toss them around in the pan and allow them to cook 3-4 more minutes.
3. The gnocchi will be golden brown all over and ghee absorbed. Remove gnocchi from the pan, but leave butter behind. Set aside on a plate.
4. In the same pan: add fresh basil, and cook for about 1 minute tossing often.
5. Add 2 cloves fresh garlic or pinch garlic powder, fresh basil leaves, and a pinch of sea salt and crushed pink peppercorns. Stir, and cook for about 15 seconds. Add sweet mini bell peppers, mix, and cook for about 30s.
6. Add back gnocchi, toss all ingredients and taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
7. Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
“**GF/LACTOSE & CASEIN-FREE/LOW HISTAMINE***