28 Mar Carrot Cake Bites with Vanilla Glaze
Made these super moist and sweet carrot cake bites with vanilla glaze, to welcome spring. They are so good! To make the bites you’ll need just 9 ingredients: carrots, shredded coconut, almond flour, almond butter, pecans, ground ginger, vanilla powder, sea salt, and maple syrup! Finish this goodness off with homemade vanilla glaze and Maldon salt flakes, and devour them!
As you’ll see below, this is an easy recipe to play with, so they turn out exactly how you love carrot cake.
INGREDIENTS (makes 12 bites)
½ cup peeled and finely shredded carrot
1 c unsweetened shredded coco
4 tbsp almond flour (add more if you want less moist bites)
¼ c pecans
¼-½ tsp ground ginger (depending on your love of ginger:)
2 tbsp almond butter
⅓ c maple syrup (I like my bites really moist, but def use less if you want them less moist-add little by little)
½ tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract (½ tsp vanilla powder=1 tsp vanilla extract)
Pinch of sea salt
Maldon salt flakes (just a few, to top with)
VANILLA GLAZE INGREDIENTS (whip with a fork in a bowl)
2 ½ tbsp coconut butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp ghee, softened (can sub coconut oil)
Pinch sea salt
Sprinkle vanilla powder
1. You can manually grate the carrots or throw them in the food processor first, and blend until they’re finely chopped.
2. Add pecans and almond flour. Pulse until well blended.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and pulse until you have a smooth and sticky dough.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Make the glaze while you wait. Don’t refrigerate the glaze before drizzling it on the bites, as it’ll harden
5. With a cookie scoop, form small bites.
6. Put them on a serving plate and refrigerate until ready to serve. Drizzle with vanilla glaze, and Maldon salt flakes. Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer. I just let them thaw a bit before taking a bite.:)