💜Need a healthy afternoon snack? Try these chewy almond vanilla cookies! If you love almond butter and vanilla, these cookies will be your jam You’ll need just 6 ingredients to make them, and they’ll be ready in just 10 minutes. They’ll be just a bit crispy on the outside, and super chewy on the inside. They pair perfectly with some juicy fruit, tea, or coffee.
🥣You can use a flax egg to keep them vegan.
🍪These cookies will give you all Nutter Butter vibes, make ’em;)!
1 cup unsweetened creamy almond butter (I tried many almond butters, but Maranatha Creamy or Chunky Almond Butter is the best)
2/3 c unrefined coconut sugar
¾ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
1 organic pasture-raised egg OR 1 flax egg (mix 1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water, and let it sit for 5 minutes until it has a gelatinous texture)
½ tsp pure vanilla powder (I used Cook’s Pure Vanilla Powder) or 1-2 raw vanilla beans (scrape insides out)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and mix really well until all ingredients are fully combined.
3. Using a cookie scoop, place dough balls (1-1 ½ inches in diameter) on the parchment-lined baking sheet 2 inches apart they will spread). I’m making 9 at a time, so either make a second batch or freeze the dough for later.
4. Using a fork, gently make two impressions in the dough. This will flatten out the cookie as well.
5. Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes since they need to firm up a bit.
**GF/DF/LOW HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHI list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop).**