07 Jul Coco Cilantro Lime Rice
🥥My coconut oil rice needed an upgrade (because I have it every day😆), so this happened. This was my din, all by itself, although it’d go perfectly with just about anything.
🥣It has a creamy risotto-like consistency and texture, but has that Latin flavor to it courtesy of lime and cilantro. The crushed pink peppercorns add a bit of color and pop to each bite. Such a TREAT!
🧊Make it, refrigerate or freeze it, then enjoy it (increases resistant starch, and slashes calories by 60%). Of course, if you want to keep it low histamine, I’d recommend freezing it as soon as it’s done cooking.
1 ½ c white rice
2 ½ c water
2 tsp coco oil
Drizzle of olive oil (to saute onion and garlic)
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1-16 oz can unsweetened full-fat coconut milk (Native Forest Simple Coconut Milk, me additives and BPA-FREE cans)
1 ½ tsp sea salt
Crushed pink peppercorns, to taste
2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro, to taste
Juice of half lime (½ tsp lime juice is low histamine. Half lime=1 tsp lime juice, so don’t have the whole thing!).
1. Bring rice and water to a boil, then add coconut oil, and turn down heat to low (lowest setting). Cook for 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, and leave covered/undisturbed for about 10-15 minutes.
3. In a large pot, on medium heat, saute onion until caramel brown, then add garlic. Saute for a few minutes, then add coco milk, lime juice,sea salt, and crushed pink peppercorns.
4. Turn down heat to low (lowest setting), and cook for a few minutes, stirring often.
5. Remove from heat, and mix in chopped cilantro. Mix well.
6. Refrigerate or freeze it, then enjoy it (increases resistant starch, and slashes calories by 60%). Of course, if you want to keep it low histamine, I’d recommend freezing it as soon as it’s done cooking. When you reheat it, sprinkle a few drops of water all over, so it keeps it’s moistness
7. Sprinkle with more crushed pink peppercorns when you serve it.
I started using ION*Gut Health last year, when I started treatment for Chronic Lyme Disease. My last GI MAP test had revealed a leaky gut. I had an endless list of food sensitivities and intolerances, and could only tolerate about 5 foods. I didn’t know what to expect when I started using this product, but I was desperate. As the weeks went on, I was slowly able to reintroduce foods, and noticed my digestive health was steadily improving. Six months later, a second GI MAP test showed my leaky gut had resolved. I truly believe this product played a big role in my healing and recovery. I still take this product daily, and will continue using it to safeguard my gut!
(Each time you purchase through this link, I receive compensation.)