10 Jan Coconut Cilantro Turmeric Rice
🥥 This coconut cilantro turmeric rice is so rich, creamy, and flavorful. You only need 9 ingredients to make it: rice, water, coconut milk and oil, salt, black pepper, turmeric, leeks, and cilantro. If golden milk was a rice dish, this would be it. If you’re not a fan of turmeric, leave it out. The coconut milk and cilantro add enough flavor and texture.
1 c rice
2 c water
½ c coconut milk (canned, full fat) + 2 tbsp coconut oil
1 leek stem, chopped
½ tbsp coco oil (to saute onion and garlic)
1 tsp salt
Crushed pink peppercorns, to taste
¼ tsp turmeric
- Rinse the rice until water runs clean. Bring water to a boil in pot, add rice, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a separate pan, saute leeks. Once wilted, add garlic, and continue sauteeing until the garlic is browned.
- Add the cooked rice, and mix.
- Add salt, black pepper, and turmeric.
- Add coconut milk and coconut oil
- Stir and let the rice cook for 10 min, stirring frequently.
- Add cilantro. Mix it in.
- Remove from heat.