17 Apr Creamy Red Pepper Pasta
🍝This creamy red pepper pasta sauce is so smooth, flavorful, and delicious. It pairs perfectly with @jovialfoods GF Spaghetti. I’ll be making this often, because spaghetti is LIFE. Can you tell I’m excited about this one?😆
🧄To make it, you’ll need: roasted red bells, pasture-raised ghee, salt, fresh basil, garlic powder, coco cream or milk, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, and water.
🧀@goodplanetfoods Parmesan would be a yummy addition. I tolerate small amounts (vegan/no allergens).
😉DO IT. You won’t be disappointed:)
2 roasted red bell peppers (Deseed and remove membranes. Drizzle with olive oil, and add a sprinkle of sea salt and garlic powder. Roast in oven at 425°F for 20 minutes, or until edges blackened. Place roasted bells in a bowl, and cover so they steam a bit, making them easier to peel. Peel horizontally, much easier.)
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped (you can also add 2 handfuls of chopped fresh basil listed under pasta ingredients, if you’d rather have a super smooth sauce)
2 pinches of Celtic salt (I love Celtic salt because it’s plentiful in minerals, but you can sub sea salt)
1 tbsp water
2 drizzles extra virgin olive oil
Cooked @jovialfoods GF Spaghetti, cook per instructions on box, and drain
5 garlic cloves, minced
2 handfuls chopped basil
Sea salt, to taste
2 tbsp canned coco cream or coco milk works as well (you just have to cook it a little longer to thicken it)
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp pasture-raised ghee
Optional: garlic powder (this dish already has enough garlic in it, and I love it without, but add if you want more of a garlicky kick. You decide:).
1. Blend peppers, 1 tbsp water, 2 pinches of Celtic salt, and 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil. Blend until smooth and thick. Add 2 drizzles of olive oil, and blend. Set aside.
2. On medium heat, saute the garlic with ghee for a few minutes. Garlic should be fragrant, but not browned.
3. Add the blended pepper mixture, 2 handfuls of fresh basil, salt, and a bit of garlic powder, to taste.
4. Once the sauce is simmering, reduce heat to low. Let it simmer until the sauce has thickened, about 10ish minutes (like spaghetti sauce).
5. Add the coconut cream, and stir. Add a drizzle of olive oil. Let it cook for 5ish minutes, and add a bit more salt (to taste).
6. Turn off heat, and add drained pasta to the sauce. Mix well, and garnish with fresh basil leaves and crushed pink peppercorns.