🍠Ok, scratch yesterday’s sweet potato fries recipe. I’m on a sweet potato kick, and added 1 more ingredient to them this morning.
🍟They have the CRISPIEST outside, sweet and tender inside, and are sprinkled with sea salt. To make them, you’ll need just 4 ingredients: sweet potatoes, 1 pasture-raised egg white, avocado oil, and sea salt. Sweet paprika and crushed pink peppercorns= optional.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3)
2 sweet potatoes (wash, peel, and cut into thinnish strips, then soak in a large bowl of cold water for 25 minutes)
Avocado oil (I love @chosenfoods)
Sweet paprika (optional)
Crushed pink peppercorns (optional)
1 pasture-raised egg white
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- Soak fries in cold water for 25 minutes.
- Drain water and remove from the bowl. Pat dry with paper towels (be thorough, as any remaining water will affect the crisp factor:).
- Once dry, toss in 1 egg white.
- Set in a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with avocado oil, and gently toss. Arrange in a single layer (not touching). You’ll need 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400°degrees F (middle rack).
- Remove from the oven, and flip.
- Return to the oven, and bake for 7 more minutes.
- Serve with your fave dipping sauce. I love to serve them with my pistachio pesto or vegan ranch, because sweet + salty=EPIC.😉
**GF/DF/LOW HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHI list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop).**