🍟Ready to make healthy fries with a crispy outside, that are soft and tender on the inside? They’re super easy to make, just pop them in the oven, set a timer, and wait for the magic to happen.😉 You’ll need just 4 real food ingredients: Russet potatoes, avocado oil, sea salt, and crushed pink peppercorns.
❤️Yep, we all had seconds. They taste like double-fried fries. Make ’em, you won’t be disappointed;)!
4 Russet potatoes (wash and scrub, and cut into thinnish strips, then soak in a large bowl of cold water for 25 minutes)
Avocado oil (I love @chosenfoods)
Crushed pink peppercorns
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Soak fries in water for 25 minutes.
3. Drain water and remove from the bowl. Pat dry with paper towels (be thorough, as any remaining water will affect the crisp factor:).
4. Once dry, toss in avocado oil (my fave) – be generous and make sure all sides are coated.
5. Season with sea salt and pink peppercorns in a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread the fries out in a single layer.
6. Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees F (middle rack)
7. Turn the heat up to 425°F (no need to flip fries) and continue baking for 15 minutes (they’ll be crispy and golden brown when ready). All ovens are different, so check on them at 10 minutes at 425°F.
8. Top with your fave fresh chopped herbs (I love basil).
**GF/DF/LOW HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHI list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop).**