24 Mar Crispy Oven-baked Potato Tacos (Taquitos Dorados de Papa)
These taquitos are my childhood faves. They’re quick and easy to make, and so damn delicious. Each taco is filled with buttery mashed potatoes, and baked until crispy and golden (or you can fry them in avocado oil). I topped them with finely chopped cilantro and sweet red onion, and my nut-free cilantro sauce.
Hard to beat a crispy tortilla, mashed potatoes that melt in your mouth, and cilantro sauce with a garlicky kick. Your mouth will break 😉
Watch me make them!
INGREDIENTS (makes 3 tacos)
4 Russet potatoes
3 cloves fresh garlic, finely chopped
2-3 tbsp ghee
Sea salt, to taste
Optional: cheese (I’ve been tolerating Good Planet Mozzarella: plant-based/free of allergens)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Scrub, peel, and boil potatoes in a pot on high heat until soft (20-25 minutes).
- Drain water from the pot.
- In a pan, saute garlic on medium heat with ghee, until golden.
- Add potatoes and mix well. Mash potatoes, and add sea salt. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave so they’re soft. Place them in wet paper towels so they don’t dry out.
- Fill each tortilla with mashed potatoes (+ optional cheese).
- Brush each taco with avocado oil, both sides.
- Bake at 425°F for 8 minutes on a parchment-lined baking sheet, until golden and crispy on both sides (no need to flip). You can also fry them in avocado oil on the stovetop (traditionally, they’re fried on the stovetop).
- Top tacos with fresh chopped cilantro and red onion, and my Nut-free Cilantro Sauce.