31 Aug Curry and cheese-stuffed mini bell peppers
♥️What could be better than the fusion of two tasty cuisines: South Asian and Mexican?! This was actually our first pick for our wedding food (Sri Lankan + Mexican).
🌉This recipe was inspired by a San Francisco fave in the Mission, that offers curry burritos, tacos, and other amazing fusion street food.
🫑So grab some sweet mini bells, bake ’em, fill them up with curry (recipe is on the blog), top them with @goodplanet Mozzarella cheese (free of all allergens), and bake them again!
🧀These pepper bites are filled with so much flavor and melty goodness, you’ll be hooked and will never chomp on another boring pepper again;
Sweet mini bell peppers, halved and seeds and membranes removed
¾ c curry: with a fork, cut up chicken and potatoes into small chunks that will easily fit in the pepper halves. Make the curry vegan if you’d like.
Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Place peppers in a casserole dish (inside side part up), and drizzle avocado oil and sea salt all over.
3. Flip the pepper halves over and bake them for 10 minutes.
4. Remove them from the oven, and fill with curry and top with shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 10 minutes in middle rack, then 5 minutes on top rack.
6. Plate them, and microwave if cheese isn’t fully melted (plant cheez can be a little tricky to get super melty, but this doors the trick.
7. Top with fresh cilantro, chopped.
***GF/DF/VG OPTION/LOW HISTAMINE***