🦃Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving! Hope you’ve all had yummy things to eat!
💚 These Brussels are salty, sweet, and just a bit tangy courtesy of the juiciest pomegranate arils. @violife_foods Just Like Parmesan (allergen-free) adds the perfect cheesy flavor, but is totally optional;)
- @coombsmaple Syrup
- @spicelyorganics Crushed Pink Peppercorns (or black pepper – just keep in mind it’s not low histamine)
- @violife_foods Just Like Parmesan (optional, dairy-free and top allergen-free cheese, not labeled low histamine-omit if not tolerated)
- @caoliveranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
ENJOY the holiday weekend!
¼ c evoo or avocado oil
¼ c maple syrup
½ tsp sea salt, to taste
Crushed pink peppercorns
1-2 lb Brussels sprouts
@violife_foods Just Like Parmesan (optional, dairy-free and top allergen-free cheese, not labeled low histamine)
1. Preheat oven at 425F. Cut ends off Brussels sprouts, and cut them in half.
2. Make the dressing, then place the Brussels on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pour the dressing all over the halved Brussels, and gently mix with hands. Once coated, flip brussels over, cut side down. Give them space to bake so that they really crisp up (about an inch apart).
3 Place brussels in the oven, and bake for 20-25 min.
**Top with Violife Just Like Parmesan And pomegranate arils**
**GF/DF/LOW HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHI list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop).**
**Maple syrup is a food I added from the SIGHI list once I was stable (rated a “0” on SIGHI FYI).**