👏🏽I’m so happy I finally got to cook in my own kitchen today! It felt so amazing to be able to make this for din tonight, and I’m excited to share it with you!
🥭Can’t eat tomatoes, no prob:) Make this delicious mango raspberry pico de gallo: mango, raspberries, cilantro, red onion, sea salt, and lime juice. It’s a flavor explosion in your mouth, and you won’t miss the original one bit.
🍚I made grilled chicken on the stovetop with all the delicious things: chopped cilantro, cumin, sea salt, sweet paprika, coconut sugar, onion powder, and garlic powder. Of course I had to pair this with my coconut oil rice (increases resistant starch/slashes calories by 60%), and I topped it with this pico. I was not prepared! So good!😋
1 mango, chopped into chunks
¼ c raspberries (¼ c is low histamine per mastcell360.com)
½ small red onion, finely chopped
Handful of cilantro, finely chopped
Sea salt, to taste
Juice of half lime (½ tsp is low histamine per mastcell360.com, so I only ate half of this pico with din and my fam had the rest)
- Mix mango, red onion, sea salt, and cilantro in a bowl. Once above ingredients are mixed well, add in the raspberries and mix gently so you don’t crush them.
MAKE A DINNER BOWL
Chicken marinade (don’t have to marinate if not tolerated or in a rush, can just make it right away:)
1 lb chicken breast (slice in half if too thick to speed up cooking time)
2 tbsp avocado or extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp sweet paprika
¼ tsp crushed pink peppercorns (optional)
1 tsp coconut sugar
1. In a freezer bag/baking dish, add all marinade ingredients, along with the chicken breasts. Toss and coat, then refrigerate for 45 min-1 hour. Again, can just grill it right away as well.
2. Heat a skillet on medium-high. Remove each breast from the bag with tongs. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, until grilled to preference. Internal temp will be 160°F when fully cooked.
3. Set on a plate. Let cool, and slice into strips.
4. Serve it over coconut oil rice
**GF/DF/LOW HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHI list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop).**