Plantain chips are believed to have originated in southeast Asia, and are enjoyed in South America as well, and the Caribbean. If you haven’t tried them, you’re missing out!
They are my fave kinda chip, crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside. To make them you’ll need just 3 ingredients: plantains, avocado oil, and sea salt.
They’re the perfect addition to a Latin bowl, or you can enjoy them alone. Pair them with my mojo verde sauce, or vegan ranch and your mouth will break.😉
🏺MAKE ‘EM (serves 1-2)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Peel plantains, and prepare ¼ inch thick slices.
3. Drizzle avocado oil all over (make sure they’re coated on all sides), and set on a parchment-lined baking sheet (not touching each other), in a single layer.
4. Sprinkle sea salt all over.
5. Bake for 15-20 min (no need to flip). They’ll be golden brown when they’re ready.
6. Remove from the oven. They’ll continue to crisp up even more as they cool off.
**GF/DF/LOW-HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHI list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop.)**