16 Aug Smashed Potatoes, the Crispy Way
🥔Smashed potatoes, the crispy way, truly no better way to start the week!
Crispy, buttery potatoes with plant-based coconut or hemp heart ranch is my latest fave. This dish is super healthy to boot, and contains gut-healing ghee. The food we eat helps set our gut up for success, so enjoy some buttery flavor and reap all the benefits this good fat offers. Grab some potatoes, ghee (sub with vegan butter if you’d like), olive oil, and sea salt to make these winners. That’s it!
😉This app is kid-approved too!
INGREDIENTS (makes 9)
9 creamer gold and baby red potatoes
Organic pasture-raised ghee
Extra virgin olive oil
Crushed pink peppercorns
Chives, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (roast setting). Boil potatoes in water and a generous dash of sea salt. Continue cooking the potatoes until they are tender when poked with a fork.
2. Strain water, and let potatoes cool down for about 5 minutes.
3. Place each potato on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Smash each potato gently with a fork.
5. Drizzle melted ghee on the potatoes, followed by olive oil.
6. Add sea salt.
7. Roast potatoes for about 30 minutes (watch closely). Edges should be brown and crispy (not burnt).
8. Once done, remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped chives, Maldon salt, and crushed pink peppercorns, to taste.
I started using ION*Gut Health last year, when I started treatment for Chronic Lyme Disease. My last GI MAP test had revealed a leaky gut. I had an endless list of food sensitivities and intolerances, and could only tolerate about 5 foods. I didn’t know what to expect when I started using this product, but I was desperate. As the weeks went on, I was slowly able to reintroduce foods, and noticed my digestive health was steadily improving. Six months later, a second GI MAP test showed my leaky gut had resolved. I truly believe this product played a big role in my healing and recovery. I still take this product daily, and will continue using it to safeguard my gut!