🥔Smashed potatoes, the crispy way, truly no better way to start the week!
Crispy, buttery potatoes with plant-based coconut or hemp heart ranch is my latest fave. This dish is super healthy to boot, and contains gut-healing ghee. The food we eat helps set our gut up for success, so enjoy some buttery flavor and reap all the benefits this good fat offers. Grab some potatoes, ghee (sub with vegan butter if you’d like), olive oil, and sea salt to make these winners. That’s it!
😉This app is kid-approved too!
INGREDIENTS (makes 9)
9 creamer gold and baby red potatoes
Organic pasture-raised ghee (can sub with vegan butter)
Extra virgin olive oil
Crushed pink peppercorns
Chives, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (roast setting). Boil potatoes in water and a generous dash of sea salt. Continue cooking the potatoes until they are tender when poked with a fork.
2. Strain water, and let potatoes cool down for about 5 minutes.
3. Place each potato on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Smash each potato gently with a fork.
5. Drizzle melted ghee on the potatoes, followed by olive oil.
6. Add sea salt.
7. Roast potatoes for about 30 minutes (watch closely). Edges should be brown and crispy (not burnt).
**GF/DF/LOW HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHI list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop).**