03 Oct Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
🥧Welcoming this Sunday morning with pumpkin pie chia pudding. It’s pumpkin pie in a jar, the quick way to that deliciousness.
🥥Top your pudding with homemade coconut whipped cream, shredded coco, unrefined coconut sugar, and chopped pecans for all the dessert for breakfast vibes.
That’s it, easy as Sunday morning!
INGREDIENTS (makes 1 chia pudding)
¼ c chia seeds
1 c almond milk (Three Trees) OR full fat unsweetened coconut milk (Native Forest Simple Coconut Milk)
½ c pumpkin puree
1-2 tbsp maple syrup
1 small pinch cardamom
1 healthy pinch ground ginger
1 healthy pinch ground cloves
1 tsp pure vanilla powder (Cook’s)
2 tsp unrefined coconut sugar
1 small pumpkin (to make puree)
Garnish: small sprinkle of coconut sugar, 1 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut, and 1 tsp chopped pecans
1 can refrigerated coconut milk (refrigerate the night before) – to coconut whipped cream
**PLEASE NOTE: SIGHI lists both pumpkin and ground cloves as a 0.**
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Cut the pumpkin in half, from top to bottom, and remove the seeds and stringy bits.
- Place both halves cut side down on an parchment-lined baking sheet, and roast for about one hour/until soft (press on it to double check)
- When cool, use a large metal spoon to scrape the flesh from the skin of the pumpkin. Place it in a food processor, and blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside ½ c pumpkin puree for this recipe, and freeze the remainder (good for several months).
- Place almond or coco milk in the blender, then add all the rest of the ingredients to blender. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into your serving container (I love using a small canning jar). Refrigerate for 15 minutes-2 hours.
- MAKE WHIPPED CREAM: open the can of refrigerated coconut milk without shaking it. Scoop out only the solid coconut cream at the top into a large bowl so you have plenty of room to whisk. Add a small drizzle of maple syrup (optional). Whisk until it is fluffy and creamy.
- Remove chia pudding from the refrigerator, and top with: coconut whipped cream, a tiny sprinkle of coconut sugar, unsweetened shredded coconut, and chopped pecans.