08 Sep Ramen
🥣This homemade ramen is such a treat. It’s so flavorful, packed with nourishing superfoods, and is perfect for soup szn.
Make it, you won’t be disappointed.😉
🍘@lotusfoods Brown Rice Ramen Noodles
🍗Homemade lower histamine chicken broth (all the veggies, chicken, spices, herbs, and sea salt)
🥚Slightly jammy egg (egg white fully cooked)
🌱Spring onions (green part only)
🥬Crispy skillet-fried kale with sesame oil + sea salt, garlic powder, and sesame seeds
💚Squeeze of lime juice
INGREDIENTS (serves 1 – just add more of each ingredient to serve more)
@lotusfoods Brown Rice Ramen Noodles
Homemade chicken broth (all the veggies, chicken, spices, herbs, and sea salt). Sub with veggie broth to keep it vegan.
1 tbsp chopped spring onions (green part only)
5 kale stems (remove leaves) + garlic powder and sea salt
1 tsp sesame oil
Squeeze of lime juice (½ tsp is low histamine per mastcell360.com)
1. Warm bowl of chicken broth – I make chicken broth, and freeze it in individual portions). Set aside.
2. Prepare noodles per instructions on the box. Add drained noodles to the broth bowl. Add a squeeze of lime juice.
3. In a small skillet, fry kale leaves in sesame oil. Flip leaves at least once so they don’t burn. Once crispy, sprinkle sesame seeds all over, and gently mix. Cook for one more minute, then remove from the skillet and place on a plate. Set aside.
4. Place egg in a small pot on medium high heat, and bring to a boil. Allow it to cook for 6 ½-8 minutes, then remove from heat. Place it in a bowl with cold water and ice. Peel it starting at the wider end. Cut it in half.
5. Set egg on top of noodles.
6. Add chopped spring onions and kale.
7. Add more sesame seeds all over.
***GF/DF/VG OPTION/LOW HISTAMINE***
I started using ION*Gut Health last year, when I started treatment for Chronic Lyme Disease. My last GI MAP test had revealed a leaky gut. I had an endless list of food sensitivities and intolerances, and could only tolerate about 5 foods. I didn’t know what to expect when I started using this product, but I was desperate. As the weeks went on, I was slowly able to reintroduce foods, and noticed my digestive health was steadily improving. Six months later, a second GI MAP test showed my leaky gut had resolved. I truly believe this product played a big role in my healing and recovery. I still take this product daily, and will continue using it to safeguard my gut!