This sauce is amazing for topping your favorite tostada, eggs, and nourish bowls.
SAUTE (PAN) INGREDIENTS
1 red bell, sliced
1 yellow onion, sliced
2 crushed garlic cloves
¾ tsp cumin + ⅛ tsp, to taste
¾ tsp sea salt, to taste
¼ tsp crushed pink peppercorns, to taste
FOOD PROCESSOR INGREDIENTS
Pinch ground ginger, to taste
½ tsp oregano + ⅛ tsp, to taste
⅛ tsp garlic powder, to taste (optional)
Half can coco milk (make sure you get some cream from the top of the can)
**Once above ingredients are blended, add 2 olive oil drizzles, 2 tbsp coco cream from top of coco milk can, and ½ lime juice (½ tsp lime juice is low histamine per mastcell360.com, and ½ lime=1 tsp lime juice so don’t eat the whole thing!😆)**
- Saute onion for a few minutes on medium heat, in olive oil, until caramel brown (not burnt).
- Add crushed garlic, and saute for a couple minutes
- Add red bell pepper, and add sea salt, cumin, and crushed pink peppercorns.
- Saute until onions are caramelized (add more olive oil if veggies start to dry out) and help peppers are soft/limp
- Add food processor ingredients to processor, then add sauteed veggies
- Blend until fully combined
- Then add 2 olive oil drizzles, 2 tbsp coco cream from top of coco milk can, and ½ lime juice (½ tsp lime juice is low histamine per mastcell360.com, and ½ lime=1 tsp lime juice so don’t eat the whole thing!😆)**
- Blend for a minute, then pour into a container and refrigerate for 5-10 minutes to thicken just a bit.
Make your own bowl with:
**GF/DF/LOW-HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHI list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop.)**