I miss having tasty sauces and ketchup, so I decided to do something about it. I’m trying to reframe how I see my current food situation, and trying to focus on what I can have and not what I can’t have. Whew, is it an exercise. This flavorful and creamy red pepper sauce is the answer, though. It has all the romesco vibes, and is honestly a DELIGHT. I’m gonna put it on EVERYTHING. This recipe has only 7 ingredients: roasted red bell peppers, roasted garlic, roasted and salted almonds, olive oil, salt, fresh basil, and garlic powder. It’s pairs perfectly with eggs, pasta, and nourish bowls. I had a couple of extra servings this morning. Don’t judge me.😆This was my last meal before starting my elemental nutrition 2x/day to try to calm the mast cells in my gut.🤞🏽I’ll be sharing my journey in my stories.💗
2 roasted red bell peppers, skin removed
½ c olive oil
4 ct tbsp roasted and salted almonds (use roasted almonds if tolerated. If not, stick to blanched almonds and pop them in the oven for a bit with salt and olive oil)
4 cloves garlic, roasted
½ tsp sea salt, to taste
½ tsp garlic powder, to taste (optional)
Handful of fresh parsley or basil
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. Cut the bell peppers in half. Remove the stems, seeds, and membranes. Toss in salt and olive oil. Place them cut side down, on a foil-lined baking tray.
3. Roast bell peppers and garlic cloves until the bell pepper skins are dark (about 15-20 minutes). Remove them from the oven. Keep the bell peppers covered, so the skin is easy to remove once they’ve cooled.
4. Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor, until desired consistency.
5. Pour this sauce on EVERYTHING!
**GF/DF/LOW-HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHII list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop.)**