25 Aug THAI-INSPIRED FRIED RICE
This fried rice is such a refreshing meal. To make it you’ll need leeks, scallions, red bells, carrots, fresh ginger, sea salt, coconut sugar, Jasmine rice, and organic pasture-raised eggs. Make it your own by adding your fave veggies, coconut aminos (if tolerated), or fresh garlic. Just leave out the eggs if you want to keep it V.
***You’ll cook the jasmine rice beforehand, refrigerate it, then use it to make this recipe. Preparing the coconut oil rice this way increases resistant starch, and cuts calories by 60%!***
1 leek, cleaned/outer leaves removes, finely chopped
3 scallions (green part only), finely chopped
½-1 tsp fresh grated ginger, depending on preference
Red bell pepper, julienned
½ c baby carrots, julienned
3 c cooked and refrigerated coconut oil rice
2 tbsp coconut oil
¾ tsp sea salt, to taste
2 tsp coco sugar
2 organic pasture-raised eggs, lightly beaten
Handful fresh cilantro finely chopped
1 scallion (green part only)
1. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add leeks and green onion, stir fry for 1 minute, then add the bell pepper and carrots. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Add ginger, and mix. Saute the ginger for 30s.
4. Add sea salt, mix well.
5. Add coconut sugar, and mix well.
6. Push everything to one side of the skillet, and pour the eggs onto the other side. Scramble the eggs quickly, being careful not to mix them with the veggies.
7. Add the rice, mixing all ingredients. Stir fry for 2 minutes so all the flavors come together.
8. Serve immediately, and garnish with fresh cilantro, and cucumber and lime slices. Squeeze some lime juice on it, and enjoy!
***GF/DF/VG OPTION/LOW HISTAMINE***