04 Apr Twice-baked Hasselback Potatoes
🥔Celebrating Easter with these garlic and parsely-infused ghee hasselback potatoes, with @goodplanetfoods Mozzarella. They’re easy to make, and were a big hit today! They’re crispy on the outside, and buttery and tender on the insude. You’ll need just 8 ingredients to make them: Russet potatoes, pasture-raised ghee, extra virgin olive oil, salt, fresh garlic, crushed pink peppercorns, fresh parsley, and vegan cheese (optional).
🧀@goodplanetfoods cheese is vegan and allergen-free. I’ve been tolerating small amounts here and there. It adds such yummy flavor and texture to dishes!
💗Happy Easter to everyone that is celebrating!
6 Russet potatoes
⅓ c pasture-raised ghee (can sub with vegan butter)
¼ c extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
Crushed pink peppercorns, to taste
6 fresh garlic cloves, crushed (with a knife)
2 handfuls of fresh parsley (or herb of choice), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425° F
2. Scrub potatoes
3. Place each potato between two chopsticks (lengthwise) and slice (thin slices). Don’t cut slices all the way through (the chopsticks will prevent this).
4. Place ghee, olive oil, garlic cloves, and 1 handful of parsley in a pan on medium heat. Cook for 5ish minutes. You now have garlic and parsley-infused clarified butter!
5. Strain the butter, and set it aside.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set potatoes on the sheet.
7. Brush potatoes with half of the butter. You can also pour the butter over the potatoes, making sure you pour it in between the slices.
8. Add salt, crushed pink peppercorns, and 2nd handful of chopped parsley
9. Bake at 425°F for 35-40 minutes (depending on your oven), or until browned and tender (poke potato with a fork to make sure it’s soft). Check potatoes at 30 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and add the rest of the butter mixture, and shredded cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
11. Remove from the oven and top with more crushed peppercorns, a sprinkle of salt, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!