18 Oct Warm Chia Pudding with Apple Pie Topping and Coconut Yogurt
Cold weather is here, so we need all the warm things for the soul and to keep our digestive fires going!
2 tbsp or 1/4 c chia seeds if want larger portion
½ c plant milk for 2 tbsp chia or 1 c for ¼ c chia seeds
1 mashed banana
1 scoop vanilla pea protein
APPLE FILLING INGREDIENTS
1 Honeycrisp apple, cubed
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
⅛ tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp pure vanilla powder
½-1 tsp coconut sugar
½ tsp flaxseed meal
Pinch Maldon Salt
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Add all oatmeal ingredients to a small pot on medium heat. Stir often, and cook until oats are soft/desired consistency.
2. In a separate small pan on medium heat, heat coconut oil. Add apple once oil is hot. Cook for a few minutes, stirring often until soft.
3. Add vanilla, ginger, sugar, and salt. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes, then add maple syrup. Mix until all ingredients are combined, then add flax meal. Mix again.
4. Cook for about 2 minutes stirring often. Continue cooking if you want less fluid. I like to cook it about 2-3 more minutes so more liquid is absorbed but there’s still a fair amount of syrupy liquid to stuff my oats with. Make it your own.
5. Scoop out the center of the oatmeal, and scoop apple mixture into the center.
Optional: Top with shredded coconut.