14 Sep Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
🧡This soup is an easy one, just roast veggies with olive oil and sea salt, add chicken or veggie broth, coco milk, fresh nourishing herbs, sea salt, and crushed pink peppercorns. Top with scallions (green part only) + roasted sunflower seeds. That’s it!
🥣It’s fall in a bowl, and it’s so damn good:)!
Sidenote: soups are easier to digest, which is a plus if your gut isn’t in the best place. Don’t forget to “chew” your soup. Digestion starts in the 👄.
3 c butternut squash, diced
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, smashed
½ celery stalk, chopped
½ c baby carrots
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored/halved
2 c chicken or veggie broth
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 13.5 oz can ull fat unsweetened coconut milk (I love Native Forest Simple Coconut milk bc it’s free of BPA, additives, or preservatives)
2-3 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
Optional: 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
Sea salt, to taste
Crushed pink peppercorns, to taste
Garnish with scallions (green part only) and roasted sunflower seeds.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Place the butternut squash, celery, and carrots in a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over. Season with salt (be generous).
4. Roast the squash for 30 minutes, or until you see the edges start to caramelize.
5. In a large pot, on medium high heat, warm olive oil. Once hot, add onion and apple. Saute until super soft. Add garlic, and saute for 1 minute.
6. Add the roasted veggies, chicken broth, and herbs. Adjust salt and add pink peppercorns (optional) if desired.
7. Use an immersion blender (or transfer to a blender) to blend until creamy and smooth. Add coconut milk, and stir. Turn heat off.
8. Adjust seasonings, if needed. Garnish with green onion (green part only), and roasted sunflower seeds.
***GF/DF/VG OPTION/LOW HISTAMINE***