14 Sep Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
🧡This soup is an easy one, just grab a pot and add veggies with olive oil and sea salt, chicken or veggie broth, coco milk, fresh nourishing herbs, sea salt, and sea salt. Top with scallions (green part only) + roasted sunflower seeds. That’s it!
🥣It’s fall in a bowl, and it’s so damn good:)!
Sidenote: soups are easier to digest, which is a plus if your gut isn’t in the best place. Don’t forget to “chew” your soup. Digestion starts in the 👄.
3 c peeled and diced butternut squash
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1-3 cloves garlic, smashed
½ c baby carrots
1 apple, peeled and cored/diced (Honeycrisp or Granny Smith are my faves)
3 c chicken or veggie broth
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1-13.5 oz can full fat unsweetened coconut milk (I love Native Forest Simple Coconut milk bc it’s free of BPA, additives, or preservatives)
1-2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped (or herb of choice-thyme or sage are good ones)
Sea salt, to taste
Garnish with scallions (green part only) and roasted sunflower seeds.
1 In a large pot, heat olive oil until hot, then add onion, carrots, apple, and basil to the pot. Saute for about 6-7 minutes (depending on stove), or until onion is browned (caramel color).
2. Add the garlic and saute for about 30 more seconds, while you stir.
3. Add the butternut squash and salt, and mix until all ingredients are combined.
4. Saute for about 5-8 minutes, stirring often.
5. Add veggie or chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium low for about 10 minutes. Make sure squash is fully cooked by poking it with a fork.
6. Add the coco milk, and remove from heat. Use an immersion blender to blend until creamy and smooth.
7. Adjust seasonings, if needed. Garnish with green onion (green part only), and roasted sunflower seeds.
***GF/DF/VG OPTION/LOW HISTAMINE**