18 Jan Mini Sweet Bell Pepper & Basil Frittata
🍳This comforting little breakfast is just what my body needed. Protein, good fat, and lots of veggies to support my body through this mast cell flare. This delicious frittata has only 7 ingredients: onion, mini sweet bell peppers, eggs, coconut milk, basil, salt, and black pepper. It comes together in 30 minutes or less. I LOVE the subtle taste of coconut milk in every bite. Such a treat!
**You’ll need a 8-inch skillet.**
2 tbsp avocado oil (to saute veggies)
½ yellow onion, finely chopped
9-12 mini sweet bell peppers, chopped
Handful of basil, chopped
½-¾ tsp salt, to taste
¼ tsp black pepper (black pepper isn’t considered low-histamine. If you don’t tolerate it, peppercorns are a low-histamine option)
⅓ c coconut milk, full fat and canned
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Skillet: on medium heat, saute the onion until it’s golden.
- Add chopped bell pepper, salt, and black pepper, to taste (if it needs more salt, now is the time to add it).
- Once the peppers are soft, add the chopped basil.
- Beat the eggs and coconut milk, until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and coconut milk. Mix.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes (fork should come out clean).
- Let it cool for 5ish minutes, then dig in!