30 Jan Taco-Seasoned Broiled Chicken (low-histamine)
🌮I’m working on new ways to prepare my fave Mexican foods, while keeping it low-histamine. This mild taco seasoning is perfect for making broiled chicken. It’ll taste like you made it on the grill. It’s my new favorite way to prepare chicken. Taco seasoned chicken is perfect for salads, tacos, nachos, or served with veggies or rice. As a bonus, the herbs and spices in this taco seasoning have gut-healing/soothing properties!
🌿I topped it with cilantro sauce. It was good but not epic, so I’m still working on the recipe. A work in progress:)
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp ground cumin, to taste
½-1 tsp garlic powder, to taste
½-1 tsp onion powder, to taste
¼ tsp turmeric, to taste
1 tsp sweet paprika, to taste
1 tsp sea salt, to taste
Sprinkle of crushed pink peppercorns, to taste (this gives it a little kick at the end of each bite)
1 large handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 small handful of fresh baby dill, chopped
Olive oil to coat chicken breasts
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients. Set the chopped herbs aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil.
3. Butterfly each breast (cut lengthwise, and down the middle of the breast, leaving the opposite end of where you began slicing, intact. Open it up, and lay it flat on the tray. It should look like a butterfly).
4. Tenderize each breast, both sides (ok to do this with your hands).
5. Add desired oil to each breast.
6. Coat both sides with taco seasoning and chopped herbs. Let breasts marinate for 1 hour. Place seasoned chicken breasts in the baking tray in butterfly formation.
7. Place the tray on the top rack.
8. Broil breasts on high for 3-4 minutes on each side. Internal temp should be 165 ° F.
9. Garnish with lime slices.