30 Aug Veggie and chicken curry
🌱This curry was inspired by my husband’s Sri Lankan curry. I opted for fresh curry leaves instead of curry powder to keep it low histamine, and it turned out delicious.This dish literally warms your soul, and has all the good spices: turmeric, cardamom, and sweet paprika. Top it with fresh cilantro for a tasty and natural approach to decreasing histamine!
🍚Keep it simple by making chicken curry, or add your fave veggies, and def serve it with my coconut oil rice. If you omit the chicken, then you can enjoy a vegan curry:
1 lb chicken breast, cut into cubes
Small yellow onion, finely chopped
4 fresh curry leaf stems (use leaves only)
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
¼ heaping tsp fresh ginger, grated
½ c chopped colorful bell peppers (red, orange, and yellow)
8 baby gold potatoes, halved
½ tsp turmeric
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 ½ tsp sea salt, to taste
½ tsp cardamom
2-3 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
1 c canned whole fat unsweetened coconut milk (I love Native Forest Simple Coco Milk – no gums, preservatives, additives)
Handful of finely chopped cilantro, garnish
1. On medium heat in a large pot, warm oil until hot. Once oil is hot (test by tossing in a bit of onion-if it bubbles, it’s ready), add onion, fresh curry leaves, and fresh ginger. Saute until the onion is golden brown. Add garlic. Saute for 1 more minute.
2. Add chicken, and mix well. Add sea salt, turmeric, and sweet paprika. Stir often, and once the chicken is browned, cook covered for 5 more minutes.
3. Uncover and add bell peppers and baby potatoes. Mix well.
4. Add coconut milk, and cook covered for 20 more minutes. Poke potatoes with a fork to make sure they’re fully cooked.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. Top with fresh chopped cilantro, and enjoy with my coconut oil rice (increases resistant starch, and cuts calories by 60%)
🔖The curry leaves are chewy, so you’ll need to remove them. Traditionally, you remove them as toy eat the curry. Message me if you have any questions.
***GF/DF/VG OPTION/LOW HISTAMINE***