🥣Trying to avoid grains for the most part right now, so this has been my fave breakfast lately. I pair it with a side of protein, such as eggs.
🍎These whipped sweet potatoes have all the good stuff in them: quercetin-rich apple to inhibit histamine production/release, resistant starch, healthy fats, gut-soothing ginger, omega-3/-6 via hemp hearts, and anti-inflammatory coco milk! Annnnnd they’re delicious.🙌🏽
🍁Toppings: Honeycrisp apple, shredded coco, pecans, hemp hearts, and a drizzle of maple syrup and Maldon salt flakes.
3 large or 6 small white sweet potatoes
1 tsp sea salt
Grated fresh or ground ginger, to taste
⅔ c coconut milk, full fat – @aroyd_official
**If using canned coco milk, use the cream at the top of the can**
1 tsp vanilla powder – @nielsenmassey
Optional: cardamom, a bit of coco sugar to sweeten
1. Peel sweet potatoes and chop into medallions.
2. Cook in a large pot (in water) on medium heat until soft.
3. Once fully cooked, drain water and add: coconut milk, ginger, sea salt, and vanilla.
4. Cook on medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, breaking up the sweet potato, and combining it with coco milk and rest of ingredients.
5. Remove from heat and blend until desired consistency with an immersion blender.
6. Top with your faves.
❤️Hope you like it!
**GF/DF/LOW HISTAMINE (I followed mastcell360 low histamine foods list very strictly initially, then added some foods from the SIGHI list as I began to tolerate more foods, all under the care of a dietitian. A low histamine diet is restrictive and not meant to be followed long-term, as nutrient deficiencies may develop).**